About Me

My photo
I am a wife and home schooling mother to four kiddos. It's not always easy, but I am blessed to have the opportunity to be there each step of the way as my kids grow and learn.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Planning

I am about ready to take my "plan" book and burn it, rip it, or purposely feed it to Hercules.


I mean honestly, it does me nor the kids any good. I'm a pretty straight-through-the-book kind of girl. The kids know that tomorrow we will simply be working on the page or lesson that comes after the one we did today. I know that a few days a week I'll read out of the history book...on the days I don't read out of the history book, I'll read out of the science book. Everyday we will do spelling, language, math, and Bible verse stuff. Why do I have to write this down? I know for legal purposes just in case, but quite frankly, I'm not too worried about that.

I have attempted to schedule certain days for history and certain days for science but it rarely rarely works out the way I "plan". I mostly wind up doing it completely opposite of the way I wrote it. I just try to think of everyday as Opposite Day. I don't plan for sicknesses so even though I write in pencil, don't you dare think for one moment since we were "absent" on Thursday and Friday that I'm going to go back and erase all I wrote for those two days and move it all over a notch. No. Sir. Eeee.

So here's my confession of sorts. I haven't written a thing in that bleeping plan book for the past three weeks. Yet we've done school everyday (except the days when the kids were sick) through those recordless three weeks. I'm sure HSLDA would spank me if they knew....


My dining room table vouches for me

2 comments:

  1. I don't plan ahead anymore. I write s we do it. Then I get to put a check mark in the box. I REALLY like making those check marks!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I usually wind up writing it as we do it. But lately, I've been so preoccupied with babysitting and potty training that I haven't even beend doing that.

    ReplyDelete